Tablet Magazine made available the first chapter of Sholem Aleichem’s “Moshkeleh Ganev” for the first time in English. Non-Jews called him Moshke. Jews stretched out his name to “Moshkeleh” and then added the nickname ganev,...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Join 59 other subscribers
- As Figs in Autumn: One Year in a Forever War by Ben Bastomski
- Judaism in South India, 849–1489: Relocating Malabar Jewry by Ophira Gamliel
- Survival and Sanctuary: Testimonies of the Holocaust and Life Beyond
- Positively, passionately pure; Thoughts on “Aunt Sadie’s Letters of Hope & Healing” by Shari Lyn Anderson
- Poppy Celebrates Hanukkah by Julianne Ososke