Anya recounts three Soviet-Jewish generations and their complex relationship with totalitarian power and Jewish identity. We meet her great-grandmother Maria who ran a Jewish home canteen out of her kitchen and lost her baby...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Join 49 other subscribers
- A Brilliant Commodity by Saskia Coenen Snyder
- Stars of the Night: The Courageous Children of the Czech Kindertransport by Caren Stelson
- Code Name Sapphire by Pam Jenoff
- A Banker’s Journey: How Edmond J. Safra Built a Global Financial Empire by Daniel Gross
- The No-State Solution: A Jewish Manifesto by Daniel Boyarin