The beloved story of Queen Esther is elegantly elaborated and complicated in Rebecca Kanner’s novel Esther. The king’s soldiers kidnap the young Jewish heroine, adding her to his harem. Esther and the virgins spend...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- The “Spectral Turn” Jewish Ghosts in the Polish Post-Holocaust Imaginaire by Zuzanna Dziuban
- Judith Kerr: The Illustrators by Joanna Carey
- Unity and Diversity in Contemporary Antisemitism: The Bristol–Sheffield Hallam Colloquium on Contemporary Antisemitism
- The Face Tells the Secret by Jane Bernstein
- Thank you! 600 Followers on Instagram!
Top 5 books from August 2018
A Karakas Speaks by C.M. Kosemen
The Nazi, the Princess, and the Shoemaker: My Father’s Holocaust Odyssey by Scott M. Neuman
Jerusalem Drawn and Quartered by Sarah Tuttle-Singer
Global Jewish Foodways: A History by Hasia R. Diner & Simone Cinotto