Translator: Stefan Hoffman Under the Soviet regime, millions of zeks (prisoners) were incarcerated in the forced labor camps, the Gulag. There many died of starvation, disease, and exhaustion, and some were killed by criminals...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- The Trouble with Good Ideas by Amanda Panitch
- The Beauty of What Remains: How Our Greatest Fear Becomes Our Greatest Gift by Steve Leder
- Reason to Believe: The Controversial Life of Rabbi Louis Jacobs by Harry Freedman
- The Good Doctor of Warsaw by Elisabeth Gifford
- Everyone is Present by Terry Kurgan