Translator: Dona Geyer Werner Scholem never took the easy path. Born in 1895 into the Berlin Jewish middle class, he married a young non-Jewish woman of proletarian background. He was the youngest member of...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Join 3,437 other subscribers
- An Irish-Jewish Politician, Joyce’s Dublin, and Ulysses by Neil R. Davison
- Making German Jewish Literature Anew: Authorship, Memory, and Place by Katja Garloff
- “Nice” Jewish Girls by Julia Merberg
- The Woman Who Split the Atom: The Life of Lise Meitner by Marissa Moss
- Yiddish as a Mixed Language by Ewa Geller, Michał Gajek, Agata Reibach