Books about Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Ruth Bader Ginsburg, aka RBG an associate justice of the Supreme Court of the United States, passed away on September 18, 2020. She was an inspirational figure as attested by the many books and movies about her. For further information, read the wikipedia entry about her. I also recommend Barack Obama‘s post and Heather Cox Richardson‘s post on Facebook about her.
My daughter picked RBG as a person to talk about and dress up as when she was a fifth grader, as you can see in the picture. So Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s passing is personal for our family.
Here is a small selection of related books
- Ruth Objects: The Life of Ruth Bader Ginsburg by Doreen Rappaport (on my site) – A 48 pages long book about her life for 5-8 year olds.
- Dissenter on the Bench: Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s Life and Work by Victoria Ortiz (on my site) – A 208 pages long biography for 12-15 year olds.
- Becoming RBG: Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s Journey to Justice by Debbie Levy (on my site) – a 208 pages long bio for 10-11 year olds.
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: A Life by Jane Sherron De Hart (on my site) – A 752 pages bio published by Knopf.
- No Truth Without Ruth: The Life of Ruth Bader Ginsburg by Kathleen Krul (on my site) – – A 48 pages long picture book biography for 5-8 year olds.
There are over 1000 books on Amazon about, by or with her.
Also, check out the list of movies related to RBG on our sister site JewishFilmFestivals.org