Black Friday ideas: Most popular Jewish books in October
There are over 3000 books on this website, added over a ten+ year period. In the month of October 2020 these five books were the most visited here. I am sharing this now in case you want to stock up on some popular books today, on Black Friday. 🙂
- Days Uncounted by Eli Hai – On Amazon and on this site
Iraq, the 1940’s. Elias, the son of a Jewish family who lives in the city of Basra and suffers from vicious harassment, finds himself caught in between two opposite worlds.
- Hello Darkness, My Old Friend by Sanford D. Greenberg – On Amazon and on this site
The remarkable and inspiring story of a Columbia undergrad from a poor Jewish family who, after losing his eyesight to disease during his junior year, finds the power to break through the darkness and fulfill his vision for a life of great professional success and distinguished public service.
- The Happiest Man on Earth by Eddie Jaku – On Amazon and on this site
Published as Eddie turns 100, this is a powerful, heartbreaking and ultimately hopeful memoir of how happiness can be found even in the darkest of times.
- The Blessing and the Curse: The Jewish People and Their Books in the Twentieth Century by Adam Kirsch – On Amazon and on this site
An erudite and accessible survey of Jewish life and culture in the twentieth century, as reflected in seminal texts.
- Where Butterflies Go by Debra Doxer – On Amazon and on this site
Meira Sokolow had the misfortune of being born to Jewish parents in Warsaw, Poland, in 1912. Before she took her first breath, her fate had been sealed.