Name authority control
I applied basic authority control on the names of the authors. I made sure that the LOC authorized heading is used for (almost) them. The exceptions below list why/how this site is not fully using authority control:
- Instead of providing “see” references to alternative versions of the names I just simply used the authorized versions on this site. In a few cases this resulted in showing a different name than what appears on the title page.
- This is a relatively small site with a specific focus. Therefore it is unlikely that two authors with the same name would show up. Because of this I did not have to use the birthdates of the authors to distinguish them from others with the same name. Some of the authors listed here have a birthday in their authority file at LOC.
- Michel Berg’s authorized name includes the title “Rabbi”. I opted out using this differentiator for the reason above, and because it would not have been fair to the other authors who are also rabbis.
- Some authors did not have an LOC authorized heading: J. Zohara Meyerhoff Hieronimus, David Honigbserg, Michael R. Kellogg, J. Allan Mason, Miss. Persephone, Keichi Saito,
- Some authors’ authorized name would have required me using diacritics that for simplicity’s sake I opted not to do. For example, , Yitzchak Ginsburgh, Moses Hayyim Luzzatto, Hayyim Ben Joseph Vital,