On the top of the pages of this site up till now you could see ads served up by Google. These text based advertisements were based on the words found on my website. However the spirit a lot of them represented was not exactly in alignment with the spirit of the site itself. This morning I changed this situation. I replaced the Google ad bar, with my own little creation. I wrote a script to select random books from the database behind the site that it had the cover image stored locally and was sold on Amazon.com. So from now on every time you load a page on the site you will see six different book covers on the top. Clicking on them will take you to the book’s Amazon page, from where you can order them. I know that the covers are small and sometimes hard to read the title. But if your mouse lingers over them it, along with the author’s name should show up.
FYI I just read this post and looked up to see the books — and found Google advertising “Gulf Hurricane Relief Help Support Health Clinics Providing Critical Aid to Evacuees. http://www.DirectRelief.org“…
Warm regards, Charles
You are right, Charles. The new feature doesn’t work above the blog section. Yet. But it is there on the top of the catalog/books’ part.